TRAVEL & MEDICAL INSURANCE
SHOULD I HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE?
We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance to help protect you, your party and your travel investment. We understand that live sometimes just happens, but due to the nature of the adventure travel industry Onbike adhere strictly to our cancelation policy. We recommend that you are well covered and that you will be reimbursed in such and unforeseen event that you have to cancel our trip with us.
For more information and professional assistance with your travel insurance we can confidently recommend you to contact Protektum.
WHEN SHOULD I PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE?
We recommend that you only proceed to purchase travel insurance after your trip is confirmed by Onbike, deposit is paid and your flights have been booked.
SHOULD I HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE?
Medical insurance is required to participate on all Onbike tours and expeditions. Please share this details and requested per our booking form.
CONSIDERATIONS TO MEDICAL AND TRAVEL INSURANCE
The following is not a comprehensive list, but a guideline and for consideration of cover specific to adventure travel. We recommend that you obtain professional advise from your insurer to make the best decisions specific for your situations.
- Emergency evacuation due to illness or injury from an remote destination.
- Reimbursement of medical and hospital bills.
- Reimbursement of possible early return or expenses occurred as a result of deviating from the intended itinerary.
- Reimbursement of your land cost and travel cost in the event of illness, injury, family or personal emergency leading to cancelation.
- Ensure that the activity of Mountain Biking is covered.
- Damage and / or lost luggage including your bike.